[thechat] spin magazine: punk

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Tue May 15 15:42:26 CDT 2001

>>>(Who still has the Stooges "Raw Power" on vinyl! ... (is it worth anything
>>>yet?) ... and whose son just happens to be '15'!)
>>
>>I don't know if it's worth anything, but around 5 1/2 years ago I
>>cried in rage with my flatmates at the time over some @!#$ who
>>decided it would be really funny to snap our prized original vinyl
>>Johnny Cash at San Quentin, and Stooges 1969, records. He really
>>should have known what was going to happen next...
>>
>How much of him was identifiable after you finished the beating??? If there
>was more than just DNA left you stopped too soon :-)
>
>Thanks,
>Ron White

I just can't understand why anyone would do something so strange and
irreversible.

On the subject of Murder Ballads: nobody's mentioned Nick Cave, or
the Birthday Party yet. Now can he tell a story:

"I was cut from her belly with a stanley knive,
My father did a jig with the drunk midwife."

Etc..
--
Andrew Forsberg
http://www.thepander.co.nz/