[thechat] roll yr own blackout

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon May 21 15:29:15 CDT 2001

At 03:23 PM 5/21/2001, you wrote:
>>Accidents happen and we didn't do this anyway the Peruvians did. The
>>transcripts clearly show that the AMERICANS involved were yelling NOT to
>>shoot.
>
>care to explain what were the Americans doing there in the first place?

My point exactly.  We're funneling billions of dollars to these corrupt
little regimes for the purpose of what?  Haven't we learned anything from
Iran, Nicaragua or Iraq??

I have yet to hear one sensible argument for the Drug War apart from this
mythic "public safety" nonsense.  In fact, eliminating the Drug War would
improve public safety by removing the criminal element from the food
chain.  No more gunfights in the streets between rival drug dealers,
etc.  Ever study about how bad crime got during Prohibition?  And for
what?  If you wanted liquor, you got it because it just went underground.

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive