[thechat] Mythology was comics

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Tue May 22 15:40:22 CDT 2001

<snip>
Not only that, but a *LARGE* percentage of Christians do not even
know what their own religion believes.
</snip>

Okay ... But how do you determine what a religion believes?

I used to think it was easy ... and I used to think I knew what the religion
I grew up in "believed".  I find I was wrong.

It's been kind of a thorn in my side from time to time that no organized
religion seems to have a "quality control" department ... what I've run into
has been pretty much "house rules" from church to church... and the rules
change.  The answer you get seems to depend on who you ask... how and when
you ask ... and how much money you've donated recently.

The [fun|annoying] part is that if you ask more than one person you're going
to get more than one answer.  I guess you could choose to believe the answer
you like best ... but I'm not sure how that corresponds to what 'the
religion' believes.

RonL.