[thechat] Mythology was comics

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Wed May 23 14:38:10 CDT 2001

>When someone says "nondenominational Christianity", they are
>saying "We DEFINE Christianity", and if you don't believe what
>they believe, you aren't a Christian".  That kind of unchristian
>attitude towards fellow travellers inspired the bumper sticker that
>says "God, please save us from your followers"
>
>deke

I'm not quite sure I follow, deke. When someone says "nondenominational",
they're saying, "We don't belong to a denomination. We are defining
Christianity this way for ourselves." I've never been told by a nondenom
member that I'm not a Christian because I don't adhere to his beliefs. In
fact, I've found that members of large, established Christian denominations
can make statements just as judgemental and obnoxious as anyone else. It
comes down to the person, and making sweeping statements about millions of
people is going to trip you up every time.

David