[thechat] Mythology was comics

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu May 24 03:12:25 CDT 2001

> places where injustice is happening. Some of the first folks who
> headed for
> the American south during the struggle for civil rights were priests and
> other faithful. That to me is an indicator that religion just might be a
> legit way to go.

likewise, religion is still the excuse for most of the intolerance in the
world.

while women are being raised to new levels of power (alongside men) in the
business world (a number of countries now have female leaders - about
time!), many areas of the church are denying the right to positions of power
to women.

could there currently be a female pope?

most racial intolerance is "supported" by religious belief (kkk, etc).

ditto on issues of gender descrimination.

i doubt that during troubled periods in the united states regarding rights
for non-whites, that the churches were leading the way sharing their pews
with people of all backgrounds...

isaac