[thechat] Mythology was comics

Jeremy Weiss wfs at usa.net
Thu May 24 10:08:00 CDT 2001

I just joined this list right before this thread got off comics.  I
am pleased to see how even tempered everyone here is on such a controversial
topic.  Now, on to my take on some of the questions that have been asked and
answered.

> what's the kingdom of heaven?

Heaven is the place where God lives.  It is a place very similar to earth
with the exception that there is no sin there.  As a result, there is no
sadness, no death, no anger, no depression, etc.  Just joy, peace, and
other 'feel good' emotions.

> does your god have an "almighty" power over everything?

God is limited by only one thing, His Word (otherwise known as the Bible).
He can do as He pleases as long as He doesn't go against what He has already
said.

> does your god ever sin?
No, it is impossible for Him to sin.

> is, as many religious people tend to insist, your god in everything (and
  every part of every thing)?

No, as was already stated, He just created it all.  FYI, Satan perverted
as much as possible.

> and what makes you think there is a "god"?

What makes you think there isn't?  Personally, I can't help but believe in
God.  How else can you explain the miracles that happen daily?

I've seen several good e-mails, but I'd like to make a few statements from
my point of view and interpretation of the Bible.

Christianity nor the Bible are contradictory; just the Christians.

Hell is a very real place, but that is not where the unsaved will
spend eternity.  Hell is where Satan and his crew will be locked
up during the Millennial reign of Christ on earth.

The unsaved, Satan, demons, etc. will spend eternity in a lake of
fire.  Now, I've been told that everyone sentenced to the lake of
fire will remember all the chances they had to get born again for
all eternity, and that the fire is seven times hotter than anything
known on earth.  But, I can't back that last statement up with
scripture.

And concerning whether or not science is a religion, I don't know.
But I do know that Evolution is still classified as a theory, not
a fact, and even Darwin publicly stated that he regretted publishing
such an obviously inaccurate theory.

Oh, Andrew, I loved the link to the tao of programming.

That's all for me folks.  Have fun while I'm out today, I'll catch up this
evening.

In Christ,
Jeremy Weiss