[thechat] Mythology was comics

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Thu May 24 10:51:45 CDT 2001

> >God is incomprehensible because He is infinite and we are finite.  The
> >finite cannot contain the infinite, nor can it comprehend it.
>
> Heh.
>
> If finite can't comprehend infinite what are we doing studying
> physics? and mathematics? and such bullshit?

Conceive and comprehend are two different concepts to me.  Surely I can
conceive of infinity, but can I comprehend it?  Can I fully understand it?
All of it?  To do so, either it would have to be finite or I would have to
be inifnite.

> But is universe finite or infinite?

By that I assume you mean the physical universe.  Don't know; either way
it's too big for me to fully comprehend.

> And how can we understand that He becomes finite in
> the Bible and Jesus? and that process... is an
> Act of God and therefor must be explained through faith?

It is not God that is becoming finite.  It is a finite revelation of God, so
that we can comprehend Him.

Norman