[thechat] Mythology was comics

Ron White ronwhite at members.evolt.org
Thu May 24 12:53:35 CDT 2001

<snip>
And concerning whether or not science is a religion, I don't know.
But I do know that Evolution is still classified as a theory, not
a fact, and even Darwin publicly stated that he regretted publishing
such an obviously inaccurate theory.
</snip>

and just how exactly is it "obviously inaccurate"? Genetics has shown
natural selection to be true. Evolution is still called a Theory simply
because we have not gathered a sufficient amount of facts to call it proven.
But a Theory has many supporting facts.

Creationism on the other hand is entirely a myth, there is not one single
provable fact that it ever occurred. And you can't use the fact that the
Earth exists to prove that it was created the way you say or else EVERY
single other creation myth (Greek, Roman, Norse, Egyptian, Indian, Chinese,
et al) would be true by the same reasoning.

Furthermore I challenge you to provide any proof that Darwin made that
statement since in all my research on the subject I have never seen that
attributed to him.

<quote src="encarta">
Darwin spent the rest of his life expanding on different aspects of problems
raised in the Origin. His later books-including The Variation of Animals and
Plants Under Domestication (1868), The Descent of Man (1871), and The
Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals (1872)-were detailed
expositions of topics that had been confined to small sections of the
Origin.
<quote>

Doesn't sound like someone who would have said what you purported him to
have said...

Ron