[thechat] sadly: mousebuttons, was: being political and fair.

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Fri May 25 10:55:39 CDT 2001

> > Wheels are for lazy pussies. :-)
>
> Only one who has never really used such a mouse would say such evil
> things. Once you get used to it, there's nothing like it.
>
> Fwiw, I'm one of those "the less you use the mouse, the better" type

I'll +1 here, I have one hand on the keyboard lingering around the ctrl and
alt buttons, and the other on the scroll wheel. When I'm not typing, I use
it to scroll all over the place. It's become second nature. The only thing
that's irked me is (through upgrading to win2k and living with the default
driver) losing the ability to bring focus to a window through the wheel
(where I start to scroll in an inactive window and it becomes active). That
and (on this mouse anyway) the wheel is also a button, and clicking it
brings up the file explorer. Now if I could tweak what app comes up, I'd be
in heaven (the explorer is close though).

Dan with his =), me with my parentheticals
dex
(ctrl-enter, esc, enter)