[thechat] gis/travel site/web application geek out

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed May 30 14:34:13 CDT 2001

> yes, it can be very very cheap.  I might even be able to afford a
> weekend in Vegas.  However it would cause our Esteemed Treasurer
> Marlene (and maybe others) to break out in hives.  So adios Vegas.

We don't know unless we ask ...

If there is a large ground swell for going to Vegas, then I wouldn't
hesitate to ask 'Nuh to take one for the team. Vegas, believe it or not, is
/much/ more than the Strip. There are lots of things that make me upchuck
about Vegas, and they happen to be the two reasons why people go: gambling
and skin. But one can have a fun (and cheap) time there without being seedy
or feeling like you have to take a shower every 10 minutes (well, you do in
August cause it's so fricken hot, but that's something else)... can you say
"bad lounge singers?" I knew you could =)

I mean, if we're not going let one person have the decision on where we go,
isn't it just fair to not allow one person to decide where we don't go? --In
a group of 8, or 14 even, concessions can be made. I think Vegas could allow
at least twice that number to attend....

I'm rambling, I know...
sgd