[thechat] Mac ?

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Wed May 30 23:48:23 CDT 2001

On 5/30/01 12:33 PM, Ron White wrote:

> Nope, didn't work....
>
> Thanks,
> Ron White
>
> <snip>
>
> Can't you just change the DHCP Client ID in the TCP/IP control panel?
> </snip>

Go to:

Apple Menu>Control Panels>File Sharing

Click on the Start/Stop Tab and you'll see something at the top called
Network Identity.  Change your Computer Name... and if that doesn't work,
change your Computer Name too.

If you need any more help give me a shout.

Dave
machead at large
damclean at mac.com

______
"I point blankly told him he's looking for two people.. a programmer and a
designer, and to call me when he figured that out.  I'm sorry, but as the
Guy Who Fixed Our Grandfather Clock said to my auto mechanic father: "I'll
keep my hands out of my transmission if you never try to fix this clock
again!"
        -- J. Delgrosso