[thechat] Can you survive on Linux alone?

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Jun 4 15:29:13 CDT 2001

As a couple others have mentioned, The Gimp is a good alternative to
photoshop.. some people say its too hard to use or not as feature
complete as photoshop, but its come a long way since a year ago even.
today, its what i personally use on my home workstation for editing pics
from the digicam. i'm no graphic designer or anything, but the number of
filters it comes with is pretty amazing too. also, you can't beat the
price :)

.djc.