irony (was:RE: [thechat] Car Buffs ..)

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 6 10:48:46 CDT 2001

On Wednesday, June 6, 2001, at 11:39 AM, Scott Dexter wrote:

> I got the topper:
>
> Honda has a little car that's half electric-half gas (the Insight
> http://www.honda2001.com/models/insight/index.html?honda=intro); there
> were
> tv ads for it a while ago. I've actually seen one or two on the road
> here.

A friend of mine is thinking about buying one of those. I'm trying to
get him to buy a diesel VW. Great mileage, not full of batteries, and
engine life to be envied. And...they're fast!

> The other day, I watched a guy pull up next to me in one, and he was,
> um,
> smoking a cigarette.

:)

Hey - he's doing his part. He's made a decision about how he wants to
live his life, and is making sure that his needs/wants/etc. don't have
an impact on you or those we're borrowing the earth from.

bob

(and the Ford Expedition - whatever that huge, 10mpg thing is - that I
was following up the highway one day at 100 was better. I didn't know it
would go that fast. He was probably pushing about 6mpg with that speed.)

--
bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org