[thechat] election crap

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Jun 7 17:21:16 CDT 2001

Martin Burns wrote:
> This is all I'm going to say on the matter (probably...)
> but I hope everyone eligible to vote at least made
> the effort - even if it was only to spoil their paper.
>
> I know some of our consultants who are on a project
> based in Basle were ordered to work in their home
> office tomorrow and to fly home this afternoon to
> give them the opportunity to do so.

voting is cool.

that's pretty extreme Martin - is there such a thing as "absentee
voting" there? where you get a ballot before the fact and transmit (mail
usually) it to the board of elections (or whatever the equivalent is in
the UK?

also - any thoughts on http://www.tacticalvoter.com/ - which I read
about on Politechbot the other day.

	- joe