[thechat] Mum, Dad, there's a dead dot-com on the landing...

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Mon Jun 11 14:10:33 CDT 2001

I love it.

Flashback:  I was maybe 13 years old, maybe babysitting or just left
alone at a relative's home on New Years eve.  They had cable TV (they
lived in big city: Seattle) and I turned the channel and there is
this bizarre English show with weird twists & turns & animation & OH
MY GOD IT WAS SO FUNNY!

It turned out to be a 4 hour Flying Circus marathon, first time I'd
ever heard of or seen Monty Python... I watched it ALL NIGHT, all by
myself, delighted... fascinated...

There was the Dead Parrot sketch, the Spam sketch, the Lumberjack
song, the Argument Clinic... for hours and hours it went on...

Ah.

I don't think I was ever the same after that.

Erika

(the Spam sketch could also be applied to the Internet, huh.  Great
art, they say, is timeless.)