Cable Tee Vee (Was: Re: [thechat] GP du Canada)

Dave McLean thechat at dwcreative.com
Tue Jun 12 01:37:09 CDT 2001

On 6/11/01 8:06, Michele Foster wrote:

> I don't have extended cable .. I could .. but choose not too.  So, yes, very
> little *is* televised on basic channels.

Oh yeah, I forgot, all those channels are extra.  Well, I'm on Shaw and all
are extra except TSN and CBC, of course.

> Never heard of TheScore ... we do have something called SpeedVision ..
> extended cable tho.

TheScore used to be called Headline Sports and before they went live action,
they were only allowed to show screens of Sports scores and news... then
they moved to 24/7 highlights of the day's sports, then they finally made
the switch to a full scale sports network... and *then* they signed a deal
with the WWF and XFL... so now they do sports and ... "Wrestling."

> Oh well, I don't miss it much .. I'm sure if I were more of a fan, I'd bite
> the bullet and buy it. <G>

I bought extended cable *just* for the hockey.  Hell, 30+ Flames games, 20+
Oilers games and a guaranteed extra game per week of the league's top teams
on SportsNet alone.  Hockey, Heaven.

-d

________
"I'm not into working out.  My philosophy: No pain, no pain."

 - Carol Liefer