[thechat] kiddy domains

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Jun 14 20:24:23 CDT 2001

Canada definitely doesn't have anything like that.  :(

It's a shame ... I really hope this changes .. we've enough bickering and
problems in our "regular" schooling system though.  Never enough money to go
around.

Have to admit, when I heard about higher education being available to
"anyone" in England, I was utterly amazed.

My sis is in university now, starting fourth year next year.  She'll come
out of uni 15-20 K in debt.  She was lucky .. she qualified for a student
loan through the bank.  The rules are changing here a little bit .. for some
.. but we are a very, very long way from having higher education open to
everyone, if we ever do.

Sad really .. depressing to think of the long-term effects.

Michele