[thechat] re: scary movies etc.

Dave McLean thechat at dwcreative.com
Thu Jun 14 22:49:59 CDT 2001

On 6/13/01 15:47, Jay Turley wrote:

> First of all, Shrek *was* great. I slept through the last 2 pokemon movies,
> but I was really happy with Shrek. All of us (32, 30, 7, 5) laughed like
> crazy.

+1! Shrek was awesome and we laughed harder than anyone in the theatre...
all three of us (26, 24, 23).  You don't need kids, or even need to like
kids to enjoy this movie.  And Eddie Murphy was good too.

> Second, the first scary movie I ever saw was the original black-and-
> white "Night of the Living Dead".

I saw the made for TV movie "Escape From Alcatraz" when I was about 10.
Scared the shit out of me.  I never, ever, ever want to go to prison.

> The only really scary book I ever read was "Salem's Lot" by Stephen King; I

I read "Skeleton Crew" when I was 12.  My mom wasn't too happy I was reading
it, especially since she'd read it, but I thought it was great horror.  The
story about the wind-up monkey is still spooky.

-d

______
"if i sound dumb, it's because i am."

                           -R.M.