[thechat] Junkyard Wars Fucking Rocks.

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Jun 16 17:44:11 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin" <martin at members.evolt.org>
To: "thechat" <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2001 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] Junkyard Wars Fucking Rocks.

> [snippage]
>
> Actually, they do have some commercial digital channel - News24
> and BBC Choice for 2.

No, BBC News 24 and BBC Choice (soon to be rebranded BBC Three), along with
BBC Knowledge (to be rebranded BBC Four), are all funded by the licence fee.
You may be thinking of BBC World or BBC Prime, which are operated by BBC
Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC (which is run out of a separate
building about half a mile away from Television Centre).

> They also sell their programming overseas both recorded and as
> distribution via Cable operators in Europe.

yep, and also with agreements with companies such as Flextech, which has led
to the creation of channels in the UKTV brand (such as UK Horizons and UK
Gold).

--
 _ __   ___ _   _ _ __ ___ @well.com  William Anderson www.well.com/~neuro
| '_ \ / _ \ | | | '__/ _ \  "The thing I love most about deadlines is the
|_| |_|\___|\__,_|_|  \___/        go past." - Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)