[thechat] Didn't we already have a cold war?

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Jun 19 16:22:59 CDT 2001

Norman Bunn wrote on 19/6/01 9:55 pm

>My point is that the issues are much more complex than we can express in a
>few lines of email or read in a newpaper article or two.  Sure it's fun to
>flame those in power and talk about choosing weapons over healthcare or
>education.  But without an adequate defense the rest is meaningless.

Some people (and countries) would prioritise the other way.
Most of Scandinavia. New Zealand just sold off all its military
planes. As my father says "Enough is as good as a feast, and
too much is enough for anyone". Granted, he's normally talking
about whisky, but you get the point.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland