[thechat] Configuring Linux-Mandrake 8.0 for Rogers at home (dhcp cable modem)

Chris Johnston chris at completeimaging.com
Wed Jun 20 12:00:28 CDT 2001

Hello,

I have just installed Linux-Mandrake onto my computer and am having some
trouble connecting to the internet. I am in Ontario Canada and my ISP is
Rogers at home.

I have done some searching for how to configure mandrake to work with a
cable modem but everything I have found so far shows how to do it with a
static IP address. Does anyone out there have any experience connecting
Mandrake to a cable modem using a dynamic IP address, specifically using
DHCP?

Rogers at home in Toronto at least is going with a true dhcp server instead
of the static IP address they have been using so far.

So, has anyone in the Toronto area connected a Mandrake computer to the
internet using Rogers at home cable modems?

Or if anyone can show me to a really great tutorial on this topic that
would also work. I don't really have much experience with Mandrake.

/chris

Web Developer
www.completeimaging.com/chris