[thechat] Car Buffs - Need a Diagram

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 5 14:20:22 CDT 2001

At 3:02 PM -0400 7/5/01, Michele Foster wrote:

>Google isn't helping me today.
>
>What I need to see is a photo or a sketch that shows the manifold and
>attachments for a 1990 Toyota Tercel.

Well, I don't know anything really - but what you need is an engine schematic.

I'd look for a chilton's manual. You should be able to find one at
any decent car parts place.

Which manifold are you talking about? There's an exhaust manifold and
in intake manifold.

Normally, what you'd need for an exhaust manifold are:

The right gasket for the head to manifold connection.
New manifold studs (the old ones often break or are seized)
New locking nuts.
New downpipe gasket.
New O2 sensor (if it's there - maybe not if it's in another spot on
the exhaust).

You may need the goodies to drill out and re-tap some of the studs
(some could break - all that heat is not good for metal)

There might be more parts that I'm missing, but that's what I can
remember from other one's I've seen.

Note- I've never done a Toyota.

bob

--