[thechat] film for librarians

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Jul 5 19:20:14 CDT 2001

Erika Meyer wrote:

> >>In my library job, we were almost /discouraged/ from trying to help the
> >>customers. We were supposed to direct people to the the /real/
> >>librarians - who had proper degrees.
> >
> >Yea, that sounds like how our University library worked.
>
> Some night, in need of light entertainment, you former library
> minions might enjoy a film called "Party Girl."

That's a great movie! Parker Posey's first flick, I think! My pal Erin
has a postcard from the promo on her wall. she still works @ the
library!

I like the falafel guy.

And oddly, I truly empathized with that moment where she finally "gets"
the dewey decimal system. :-)

Other great sequences for Librarians are the opening to Ghostbusters and
the crane pullback in All The President's Men. Oh, and in the Paper
Chase sequence where they break into the archives to see Kingsfield's
notes.

> >"Party Girl" will do for library science what "Saturday Night Fever"
> >did for disco. Well, maybe.
>
> http://www.auschron.com/film/pages/movies/707.html
> The library sequences were the best part.

	- Joe "Library Boy" Crawford