[thechat] the absinthiste

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Jul 5 23:11:18 CDT 2001

>>You only need to wander around a few University English departments
>>to find out just how dangerous it can be! :)
>
>oh yeah.
>Are you referring to the alcoholism or wanton sex?
>
>(I have 2 English degrees, myself.)

Yea? Ditto. Let's hear a 'hurray' for the flexible degree!

>Of course, now that it's fictional, I REALLY feel crazy....  Hey, I
>haven't experimented with any psychotropic plants since I hit 30...

I remember a similar (one-off) bad experience with nutmeg. I couldn't
get my eyes to open for 20 minutes the next morning. Thought I was
blind. They were gummed together with all sorts of shite.

Apparently it's exceedingly bad for your liver in those quantities...

--
Andrew Forsberg
---