Fwd: [thechat] Is he talking about us?

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Sun Jul 8 11:57:50 CDT 2001

At 11:11 PM 7/6/2001 +0100, Martin wrote:
>Bruce Heerssen wrote on 6/7/01 11:07 pm
>
> >>Oh yeah, and if anyone buys anything [for the baby] with big-ass logos on,
> >>it's going back.
> >>
> >+1 on that!
>
>hah - just seen this:
><http://www.babyts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BT&Prod
>uct_Code=TYSET&Category_Code=FT>
>
>I can't see any logos on it...

You want baby tie die?  Well, living in Eugene (motto:  Bleeding heart of
the Northwest.  And I'm not being right-wing here, that's an actual t-shirt
that is sold by a left-wing newspaper.) there are usually at least 3 booths
specializing in tie die and fleece baby clothing.  Just pick a favorite
color scheme.

And a note on the big-ass logo theme, why did anyone think that I would
want to *pay them* to use me for advertising?  And clothing with logos
almost invariably is more expensive than clothing without logos (when you
can find it).  And yet people still proudly claim affiliation with a
multi-national sweatshop-running corporation that couldn't care less about
them.  At least my computer-schwag clothing is all free.

Judah