[thechat] Re: [thechat] Schadenfreüde

Greg Sampson greg at pageswithin.com
Fri Jul 20 15:44:40 CDT 2001

>##############
>   Its editor Peter Hill said: "No one should have any
>   sympathy for Jeffrey Archer.
>
>   "He is a proven liar, a cheat and a chancer, a man so
>   arrogant that he thought he was above the law. Now
>   finally he has got what he deserved."

Just going on context, I have two guesses: one is that a "chancer" is
someone who is impractical (or maybe ambitious) with money at the
expense of others (playing off "cheat"); the other is that it is
someone who sleeps with prostitutes (OK, I have nothing to back that
up... it just *sounds* like a word you might use to describe such a person).

:)

--Greg