[thechat] What about the economy?

Charlie Llewellin itsthetrousers at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 18:01:32 CDT 2001

boy, ain't that always the way...
remember, Notting Hill back in the nineties, Brixton, the Mardi Gras
demonstration a few weeks ago here in Austin Tx where I live.

While most of the time your local cops are generally protecting the
community, in instances like this the police are the protectors of status
quo. Any demonstration against the status quo is generally viewed as an
attack by the powers that be and responded to with disproportionate force.

Charlie