[thechat] Police - was: What about the economy?

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Fri Jul 27 21:22:14 CDT 2001

A moment of atonement.

In the comments from this earlier thread, the police in general took some
bruising. Today, as I was driving along a stretch of local highway I was
reminded of the balance to our disgust. The road: Russell Bagshaw Memorial
Highway. Named for a State Trooper who was shot and killed by a motorist he
had pulled over for a traffic violation.
That's all.
He walked up to the car, and that was all.

The Police are the victims of unwarranted violence too - simply for wearing
a uniform, and for doing their job.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Matt