[thechat] House Hunting Blues

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at compaq.com
Thu Aug 2 14:39:33 CDT 2001

Joel

- I hear ya!  I grew up on Knobel Rd in Cleveland (pronounced "Noble") - had
to spell that sucker for years - and you always had to add extra emphasis at
the wierd part of the spelling "k n o b E l". Especially since there was
also a Noble Rd elsewhere in Cleveland.  In Akron I lived at 646 Brittain
Rd.  ["No. I'm not the devil - I'm just his next-door neighbor!"]  Always
had to spell that too!  "No, no ... the 'a' goes before the 'i' ... "

Norman

- No Way!  Buckhead is a ritzy section of Atlanta?  Hmmmm - I guess once an
area is established and has a "rep" it can hold it's own no matter what it's
called.  I just find it overly hard to picture that upwardly mobile,
big-haired deb's eye misting over as she vows:  "Someday I've gonna live in
a fine house .... in Buckhead!"  Sorry - the GWTW imagery here just cracks
me up!

FWIW - When I drove down to Texas from Ohio, I got tired and decided to stop
for the night.  I decided to get off at the next exit I came to and find a
hotel.  Then I noticed the name of the town ... and drove another hour and a
half before stopping for the night.  Apologies to anyone who may be from
there, but there was no way in hell I was gonna spend the night in
Bucksnort, Tennessee!

I kid you not - check the dateline:
http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/02/01/ala.escapees.03/

RonL.

(Who's burnt out looking at houses and feels like taking the night off!)

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at
once.  - Jennifer Unlimited