[thechat] Fear and Loathing...

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Sep 8 02:29:08 CDT 2001

spinhead wrote on 8/9/01 1:56 am

>Maybe they were cutting it with water, like it was expensive Scotch. (I,
>however, perplex bartenders by ordering my Talisker neat. I like the
>anguishing smoky burn, thank you very much.)

Whisky should be drunk as god made it - don't drown or freeze it.

You may add a *drop* (and literally a drop) of water, just to
release the vapours, but if you notice a change in volume, you've
put in way too much.

Talisker is very nice - powerful and peppery. If you like
smoky malts, try a Clynelish. It's surprisingly smoky for
a mainland malt (it's from Brora on the north east coast).

Clynelish is also the signature flavour in Johnnie Walker Gold Label,
balancing the core sweetness of the Cardhu.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland