[thechat] Palestinians

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 16:34:39 CDT 2001

> I believe I was condemning the scum that were out celebrating in the
streets
> and passing out candy. though I should know better than discuss this here,
> since the majority of you are artistic types who naturally lean far left
> politically...

Seriously, Ron, this is insulting. I realise that this is a very emotional
situation and that you, as an American (I presume) have every right to feel
angry, but I feel sick and saddened as well, as any normal, emotional human
being should. My wife works in the City of London, which could just as
easily been the target, and that is something that frightens me.
The facts are not in, no-one has claimed responsibility, and I am really
scared. We could be on the brink of war, and I hope and pray that the tragic
events of today do not lead to a catastrophe of global proportions. As yet
it is not known who is responsible for these actions, and just because you
see something on TV of Palestinians celebrating does not mean they did it,
or, as Martin correctly points out, that the footage has any bearing on what
happened earlier.
I hardly think your above comment, or the one you made earlier about
Scotland is appropriate. If you don't like the opinions of the Chat then go
elsewhere. This is a time for being with the ones you love and thinking of
those who have been hurt or killed, not for flinging caustic remarks.

Kev
kjs at ratking.co.uk