[thechat] Palestinians

Tamara Abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Tue Sep 11 21:23:30 CDT 2001

At 10:31 PM 9/11/2001 +0100, you wrote:
> > I believe I was condemning the scum that were out celebrating in the
>streets
> > and passing out candy.

Even if they were celebrating today's catastrophe, I am saddened by a
history lesson that taught me how the powers-that-be sat down at a table
and decided this little area of the middle east would best be occupied by
Jews, primarily those resettled from German concentration camps. Thus, the
state of Israel was made according to what I recall of my high school
history class.

One evil deed rarely makes a good deed, but those Palestinians have been
hurting for too many generations. Two wrongs never make a right and while I
was sickened by the sight of rejoicing, the comments here on the chat
unfortunately made me realize, as others stated, that violence will never
lead to good. We all pay the price in one way or another. Pain never has a
benefit.

Now, I'm going to email this link (http://www.appercept.co.uk/wtc.htm) to
all the other lists I belong to since I am humbled, enraged and confused
over today's events and I firmly believe a public drawing, quartering,
tarring and feathering is in order -- but, that's not really possible
either. So, I'll give blood, fly my flag at half mast and wear a black band
since I don't know what else to do that would actually work.

With deepest sorrow,
tamara