[thechat] Palestinians

Ron White ronwhite at members.evolt.org
Wed Sep 12 06:30:19 CDT 2001

<snip>
Even if they were celebrating today's catastrophe, I am saddened by a
history lesson that taught me how the powers-that-be sat down at a table
and decided this little area of the middle east would best be occupied by
Jews, primarily those resettled from German concentration camps. Thus, the
state of Israel was made according to what I recall of my high school
history class.
</snip>

Uh, apparently your history book was a little deficient or your teacher was
or you slept in class too much... The original partition of the area was
into a Jewish part and an Arab (Palestinian) part. The Arab land was
absorbed by Egypt and Jordan after they declared war, along with other Arab
countries, on Israel the day after the nation was founded in 1947. The
Palestinians wholeheartedly joined in this war. There were already a lot of
Jews in this area and the Palestinians were not booted off their land for it
to be given to European settlers. They left because they didn't want to be
in the way of the invading Arab armies. When the Israelis smashed the
invaders, the Palestinians were left with nothing, which is usually what
happens when you are on the losing side of a war. Jordan occupied the West
Bank and Egypt occupied Gaza, for 20 years and they didn't set up a nation
for the Palestinians like the UN resolution called for. Then when Israel
conquered those areas after yet another Arab attempt to wipe them off the
planet in '67, suddenly everyone was calling it an illegal occupation and
demanding that Israel give it to the Palestinians to make their own country
and on top of that the Palestinians want to return to land they voluntarily
left in 1947...

Now as to my rants of yesterday...

	Martin you asked me a couple of weeks ago if there were things I was
passionate about, I replied that if someone attacked me and mine you'd see
plenty of emotion... Well, you did. If those people weren't celebrating the
deaths of 20k+ of my fellow Americans, then they don't deserve to have a few
Rockeyes dropped on them. If on the other hand they were, well then I'm
sorry, but they are scum and my original thought stands...
	As for your list of "attacks" on Scotland: WW2 - declared war, you should
expect your country to be attacked; Lockerbie - how is an AMERICAN plane
being blown out of the sky and just happen to land on some heretofore
insignificant Scot town constitute an attack on Scotland? The Irish catholic
militias - Seems to me they are just attacking the homeland of the invaders
of their country since the majority of Irish Protestants are descended from
Scots settled there by the English a few hundred years ago to help "pacify
the papists".
	As for your list of "American" interventions: I don't still have the list,
but I recall Iraq was on there, seems we are there with the Brits,
protecting Shi'ites and Kurds from genocide by the Sunni Iraqis. The former
Yugoslavian countries: again with our European allies (since you all didn't
have the balls to do it yourselves), protecting Muslims and Albanians from
genocide. Somalia - we had no bidniz being there... The rest escape me, but
if you want to resend it, I'm sure most of that list are not unilateral
interventions. But in none of those did we deliberately attack civilians,
yes civilians died, which is unfortunate, sad and regrettable.

	Erika, no I don't think Palestinians as a whole should be slaughtered, I'm
sure there are plenty of them who want nothing more than to live and let
live.

Thanks,
Ron White