[thechat] RE: Palestinians

Paul Cowan paul at wishlist.com.au
Thu Sep 13 01:53:36 CDT 2001

Hi all,

> Lord knows nobody deserves that Bill, just like people don't deserve
> having their hands hacked off in Sierra Leone or little kids pelted
> with crap on their way to school. Nobody's saying otherwise!

As a side note, I assume the phrase "little kids pelted with crap on
their way to school" is a reference to what happened in Ireland last
week; however, this is exactly what happened in Queensland, Australia,
to a group of Muslim children on their way to school today.

(http://www.theage.com.au/frontpage/2001/09/13/FFX1CB0GJRC.html)

I sincerely hope this doesn't spread. If the hijackers were Muslim,
(or Hindu, Jehovah's Witness, or Unitarian), the whole religion does
not deserve to be tarred like this. Narrow-minded and senseless.

Paul