[thechat] Palestinians

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Sep 13 10:04:42 CDT 2001

At 09:30 AM 9/13/2001, you wrote:
>On an added note, I was forwarded an article this morning that I think
>sums up the way many of us (Americans) are feeling right now.  I'm not big
>on mushy, empty sentimentality, and though the article contains just a
>smidgen of it (just a smidgen mind you; not too much), I think it can be
>overlooked for the actual content.  If you're interested in this thread,
>or insight into the American ideology, I invite you to check it out.

Another good article I read last night I found at the site As the Apple
Turns, http://www.appleturns.com/.  I found it to be just about what I feel
at the moment.

On an aside, we were evacuated from our building yesterday (again) after a
"suspicious-looking car containing a suspicious looking-bag" was found
outside.  Apparently two Arab-Americans parked the car, took some video of
the building and walked away (rumors are circulating as to where, the local
news organization will report only that the police said they had a
legitimate reason to be there).  I fear for the safety of my Arabic friends
and I want to remind anyone who may be reading this to be careful where you
target your anger and watch your suspicions (Although I know this really
doesn't apply to this list as cooler heads usually prevail).

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive