[thechat] Re: What do we do now? (was: RE: Palestinians)

Sean German seanmgerman at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 11:01:45 CDT 2001

Howdy,

 From what I've heard, the Taliban not only committed
to turning Bin Ladin in if he was responsible, they
are also assuring us they know he was not.

In my mind certain countries should be held
responsible for aiding terrorists in the past,
regardless of direct involvement in this week's
attacks, but what if it was not any known country or
group that carried out those attacks?  Wrap your mind
around that new world order.

OK, what can we do?  I presume those reading this
theChat are not shooting at mosques or harassing
muslins (if you are, shame on you).  But we can make a
point to speak up when we witness such reactions.
Make a point to challenge anyone talking about 'all
arabs' or 'all muslims'.

Arabs are as diverse as Americans and do not share a
common politics.  Moreover, those that carry out these
acts are not muslim, any more than someone who shoots
a doctor who performs abortions is following the
teachings of Christ.  The Koran and Islamic literature
is clear on this issue.  Whatever afterlife may await
those that die in righteous battle, suicide is a sin,
and suicide bombers will not be spending all eternity
in the grace of Allah.

Any one committing suicide should face the death
penalty.  =)

Sean G.