[thechat] Re: What do we do now? (was: RE: Palestinians)

Bill Haenel bhaenel at twcny.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 11:31:19 CDT 2001

> OK, what can we do?  I presume those reading this
> theChat are not shooting at mosques or harassing
> muslins (if you are, shame on you).  But we can make a
> point to speak up when we witness such reactions.
> Make a point to challenge anyone talking about 'all
> arabs' or 'all muslims'.

Or 'all Americans'.

This type of attack must be designed to destroy from the inside out. We are
on the inside. We can do more than just speaking up, I'm sure, although
that's a great start.

I have no idea what I'm suggesting, so I can't say. Sure have shot my
credibility by now, if I had any to begin with. But I suppose that's how
stuff starts. I know I will certainly look at my work and my specific access
to and knowledge of resources differently from now on.

BH