[thechat] Airlines

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Sep 13 16:36:30 CDT 2001

At 02:35 PM 9/13/2001, you wrote:
>I didn't put any more thought into this until she pointed it
>out to me, but do you not think that at least some of the blame should rest
>with the greedy corporations that value their profit over the nations
>safety?

I was reminded of this fact Tuesday on ABC News.  One of their aviation
correspondents was talking about airline security and was comparing
security on El Al (the Israeli national airline) versus the various
American airlines.  He said that if all airlines in America followed the
same tactics as El Al, this sort of problem would probably never occur,
but, they would only be able to do 1/4 to 1/5 of the
passengers/flights/business that they would before.

And I will testify that I have always felt the safest on El Al.  Their
security routine is long and time-consuming but, especially for Israel,
completely necessary.

Plus, Americans would tire of all of the Israeli-type security checks real
quick.  And you could never arrive less than two hours late again.

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive