[thechat] Airlines

Bill bhaenel at twcny.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 19:41:15 CDT 2001

> do you assume that they're going to crash the plane and kill
> everyone, and
> thus ignore the loss of all passengers in an attempt to save a
> building full
> of people?

Yes.

This is where things have changed. We must assume the worst if we are to
prevent the worst. Clearly, the expectation in the future will be that no
terrorist will be mild or compassionate.

So lock and seal that door, and don't open it for anyone!

Besides, if the terrorists know that's the deal, they won't even attempt to
get it open. You can't scare a machine into opening the door.

BH