[thechat] A first hand account worth reading

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri Sep 14 13:29:09 CDT 2001

This account gives me some hope that we may be able to get through this
time without tearing the country apart.

http://www.e46fanatics.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=45274&t=45274

An excerpt:

"I was on my back, facing this massive cloud that was approaching, it must
have been 600 feet off, everything was already dark. I normally wear a
pendant around my neck, inscribed with an Arabic prayer for safety; similar
to the cross. A hesidic Jewish man came up to me and held the pendant in
his hand, and looked at it. He read the Arabic out loud for a second. What
he said next, I will never forget. With a deep Brooklyn accent he said
"Brother, if you don't mind, there is a cloud of glass coming at us, grab
my hand, lets get the hell out of here". He helped me stand up, and we ran
for what seemed like forever without looking back. He was the last person I
would ever have thought, who would help me. If it weren't for him, I
probably would have been engulfed in shattered glass and debris."

Judah