[thechat] It could have been prevented (update)

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Sun Sep 16 18:30:49 CDT 2001

> On 9/15/01 5:33, Wolfgang Bromberger wrote:
> > C'mon how likely is it that you guess something like that on
> the right time?
>
> See Nostradamus guesses.

Ugh.  Nostradamus again.  Not knocking anyone's beliefs here, but I tend to file "Nostradamus Predictions" under "If you want it to fit bad enough, you can shoehorn and sledgehammer it into place".  The quatrain in popular reference was actually written by Neil Marshall, a student at Brock University, in the mid-90's as an example of how any "prediction", when worded correctly and vague enough, would eventually come true.

More details:
http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/hoaxes/predict.htm

> > On the other hand, there are many lunatics out there.
>
> Yes... of every creed.

+1

> > Will we ever know all details of the whole thing?
>
> No.

Aha.  Found it...

---
"Meanwhile, German and FBI agents questioned an Iranian man in prison in Hanover who had warned last week that the world order would come under threat from a terror attack.

But prosecutors said the man, awaiting deportation from Germany, had not known in advance of the U.S. attacks and that he knew no one involved in the planning.

The man had been allowed to telephone the White House last week and made a total of 14 calls to U.S. authorities.

He had said the attack would come this week, justice sources said.

"The attackers and the background to the attacks are not and were not known to him," the Federal Prosecutor's Office said in a statement.

"His warnings were limited to diffuse statements about a threat to world peace and the world order. He could give no details. The Federal Prosecutors Office, Federal Criminal Police and the FBI share this view."
---

Source:
http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/09/14/suspects/index.html