[thechat] Justice, was Chomsky, was Michael Moore's message

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Mon Sep 17 14:40:48 CDT 2001

There is no invading army at our borders.

If it is war, then our government has chosen war.  War is a choice.

"War is over, if you want it."  There's a sound bite.

There are many other less visceral, less flashy, more creative, more
effective, and certainly more peaceful responses to last week's
tragedy.

We can't bring back the 5,000 people who are gone.  But in choosing
war, we can send more innocents to their graves.  We can magnify the
destruction exponentially.

It is the eagerness toward war (and the associated language and
mentality) that sickens and disappoints me.  Instead of the last
option, it becomes the first.  Is this the best we can do?  Sad.

Zinn, and others can be found at Z Magazine.
http://www.zmag.org/ZNET.htm

Erika