[thechat] Justice, was Chomsky, was Michael Moore's message

Bill Haenel bhaenel at twcny.rr.com
Mon Sep 17 15:21:26 CDT 2001

> There is no invading army at our borders.
>
> If it is war, then our government has chosen war.  War is a choice.
>
> "War is over, if you want it."  There's a sound bite.
>
> There are many other less visceral, less flashy, more creative, more
> effective, and certainly more peaceful responses to last week's
> tragedy.

I admire your commitment to finding a better way.

Certainly, when I die, I would like it written somewhere that I never gave
up until I had found the best way for all concerned, and that I chose the
path that hurt as few of Earth's living treasures as possible.

Unfortuneately, I have not yet heard a better solution. If I had one,
believe me, I'd be there at the Whitehouse doorstep holding up a big yellow
'CAUTION' sign. But I, nor anyone else, has a better idea at this time.

Perhaps we can hold out until someone does. Perhaps we can decide to not
give up until someone has an idea that will make a difference, and does not
involve hurting people...

...a really GEE WHIZ plan that nobody ever thought of before. You know, the
one that you think of and then say, "Why didn't I think of that before!?"

But I don't think that the majority of Americans, or the rest of the world,
are that patient, especially in decisions of life and death.

BTW, I cannot agree that a purposeful, strategic attack that causes
thousands of deaths, no matter what kind of weapon they use, no matter who
started it, cannot be considered war. If that isn't war, what is?

BH