[thechat] Justice, was Chomsky, was Michael Moore's message

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Sep 18 15:12:34 CDT 2001

Erika Meyer wrote on 17/9/01 10:54 pm

>Certain pundits have suggested that the best way to defeat terrorism
>in places like Afghanistan would be to help rebuild that broken-down
>country, so that the support for terrorists is weakened.

I saw a piece of commentary today which called for a Marshall Plan
for Afghanistan - the soundbite was "Carpet bombing with food"

>We are a horribly indoctrinated nation, where corporate interests
>define both domestic and foreign policy.

A later part of the same article raised the interesting point that
'free speech' is only invoked when there's no great difference of
opinion.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland