[thechat] Justice, was Chomsky, was Michael Moore's message

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Sep 18 15:22:57 CDT 2001

Bill wrote on 18/9/01 5:49 am

>terrorism:  to use unconventional violence as a "force multiplier" by
>causing widespread, paralizing fear to disable a nation in the pursuit of
>political, religious, or cultural goals.
>
>...in case we all needed a good definition in place of any labels that might
>be overused.

Absolutely. And a key thing to note is the absence of the get-out clause:
"except when *we* do it (see 'Defence of Democracy', 'Freedom Fighters',
'Creating a buffer zone', 'protecting our interests', 'War against
$DEMON_DU_JOUR' etc for more information)"

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland