[thechat] interview

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Tue Sep 18 16:01:49 CDT 2001

Did anyone else see the interview with the former Russian Special
Forces guy last night on (I think) NBC or CNN?

He was a vet of the Afghanistan war, and was being asked about what
kinds of tactics work there.

He had to go and say the "n" word.

<paraphrase>
"In the tight valleys and rocky terrain, napalm and carpet bombing
with B-52's works best for clearing out opposition."
</paraphrase>

Pretty much ended the questions to him for that segment...

Funny, but when it comes to talking about pushing a button 25 miles
offshore that sends cruise missiles off to their destination, nobody
squirms. It's clinical.  Mention napalm though, and everyone becomes
a little uncomfortable.

I guess there's something a little more real about napalm. Unless you
happen to be the one on the receiving end of either, that is.

Also interesting to note - I've never seen eyes as dead as this
Russian guys eyes. He was scary.

bob

--
bob davis