[thechat] "I guess we'll buy them"

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Sep 18 18:11:05 CDT 2001

>I just want to treat it like disneyland - a theme park with strict park
>rules now allowing people to be assholes.

Sort of like Singapore?

>No smoking in the shops. No
>standing up on the rides. No religious repression. No subjugation of the
>female populace. No engaging in terrorist activities. No guns. No shirt,
>no service

It isn't clear from your responses to what extent this is a joke.

>Stuff like that.
>
>And I'd say, as I sit in what was once Mexico, and part of the Spanish
>Empire, I'm quite pleased that I'm on the /US/ side of the border.

Since we're playing "what if" I'll take pre-colonized North America
over the rule of any colonist nation-state.

>No chemical weapons on the teacups.
>http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/Disneyland/Lands/Attractions/index?id=1039

This is your response to the discussion you previously criticized as
being "content-free, high noise, low signal"?

okay, then.

What do you think about this constitution?
http://kyrgyzstan.org/Law/constitution.htm
The Kyrgyz Republic is near Afghanistan.

I find Section 3 of Chapter 2 on the Citizen Rights and Duties interesting.
http://kyrgyzstan.org/Law/constitution.htm#c2c

Example:

"Respect for old people and support for relatives is a sacred
tradition of the people of Kyrgyzstan."

Erika