[thechat] "I guess we'll buy them"

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Tue Sep 18 18:28:47 CDT 2001

>>No smoking in the shops. No
>>standing up on the rides. No religious repression. No subjugation of the
>>female populace. No engaging in terrorist activities. No guns. No shirt,
>>no service
>
>It isn't clear from your responses to what extent this is a joke.

Take even a tenth of the money that would have been spent on a war
effort, and turn it into an investment in Middle Eastern stability.
It makes a hell of a lot of sense if done correctly; nobody worries
about Germany invading anyone anymore.

>Since we're playing "what if" I'll take pre-colonized North America
>over the rule of any colonist nation-state.

What if? Massive R&D plants in Afghanistan -- sort of like a high
tech theme park.

--
Andrew Forsberg
---