[thechat] virus protection

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Wed Sep 19 21:51:45 CDT 2001

To balance the opinion, I swore off all virus-protection software after
Norton altered my MBR after a false virus-warning.
They ask(ed) $400 to recover the data their software rendered unusable.
I ended up buying a new HD, installing Windows again, copying the data over
from the unbootable HD, and then formatting it.

Now I use Common Sense for virus protection - it's free too.

Richard.