[thechat] What can WE do?

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Thu Sep 20 08:58:09 CDT 2001

And this is an example of a voice of reason?  Not.

> I still think the web is good for something, I just don't know what yet.

I think what's been done so far in NY to communicate with those that are
safe is great.  Using the web to stop this madness - I'm still looking for
that solution.

> I will give you a point for the guitar issue, though. However, I assume
> Erika didn't mean that anyone intended to fill their Remington case with a
> Gibson Custom. Perhaps that's why she ended with that
> semicolondashcloseparentheses thing that everyone uses.
>
> BH

Even though I saw the ";-)", the picture that was painted was of groups
of brightly clothed folks, sitting on sidewalks, getting in the way of
passersby, playing folk songs.  This type of behavior only does 3 things:
1. make the participants feel good
2. usually leave a mess in it's wake
3. get in everyone else's way.

None of that creates a solution. Usually it just make more problems.

Do I have all the answers?  Nope, I'm the first to admit that.  I'm still
working through my feelings about what happened and what should be done
about it.  I lost too many friends/business associates/acquaintances
to be rational yet.  I'll get there before too long.

-Hugh